Placer County Local Road Safety Plan (LRSP)
Placer County is pleased to present the County's Local Roadway Safety Plan also known as LRSP.
An LRSP establishes the framework for organizing stakeholders to identify, analyze, and prioritize roadway safety improvements on local and rural roads. The LRSP also establishes the counties proactive approach to addressing locally-specific safety needs and demonstrates agency responsiveness to safety challenges.
- Review the video for a high level summary of the project and/or view the adopted document linked below
- Use the interactive map to see the specific locations of concern
Click on the screen icon in the bottom right corner of the video to view full screen
Assessment of Collision History in Placer County
COLLISION DENSITY ON ALL PLACER COUNTY ROADWAYS, 2015-2019
PRIMARY COLLISION FACTORS AND COLLISION TYPES
OVERALL COLLISION TREND SUMMARY
- Overall collisions, as well as pedestrian-involved and bicycle-involved collisions have decreased between 2015 and 2019.
- Collisions are predominantly concentrated in the Bell Road, Douglas Blvd, and Auburn Folsom Road areas.
- The most commonly reported collision factor for pedestrian-involved collisions are pedestrian violation, and improper turning.
- The most commonly reported collision factor for bicycle-involved collisions are Automobile Right-of-Way violation, Improper turning, and unsafe speed.
EMPHASIS AREA SUMMARY
Emphasis Area # 1: High Incident Locations
Emphasis Area # 2: Hit Object Collisions
Emphasis Area # 3: Speeding
Emphasis Area # 4: DUIs
Emphasis Area # 5: Intersection Visibility / Access Management
Emphasis Area # 6: Access Management
Click on the navigate to map button below to use the interactive map for providing location specific input and feedback.
Visit our interactive map tool to view Placer County collisions, and leave location-specific comments. By zooming to your area of concern and dragging the comment markers at the top of the page to a specific location, we can pinpoint your area of concern.